Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Our Last Day in Costa Rica!

We have no pictures because we left our camera with the family we stayed with. They refused to let us leave it until we told them we need to see pictures of the new grandchild, the property with the work going on and all of them! Then they were thrilled! Leaving was very hard with lots of hugs and tears. We truly feel like we are no part of the Chavarria family!

Yesterday we took an early bus to San Jose to make my last Doctor's appointment at 1:00. The Ritz had a room for us so we checked in and took to the streets to wander around! At the Doctor's we learned that my Cholesterol and Thyroid were not good, but otherwise all was well. Back to the streets of San Jose to find a Farmacia to purchase drugs and something to take back to our room for dinner. After checking about a dozen or more stands Don finally agreed on 3 mangoes that were good looking and priced right! I personally would have taken the first 3 and saved wear and tear on my feet! 1/2 of a roasted chicken and some salad and we headed back to the other side of town and our room! Dinner was wonderful and I fell asleep before 7 p.m. and slept until 6 a.m.! I was tired from all the walking, talking with the Doctor and the emotional good byes.

Today we are up and packed and finished with our wonderful breakfast just sitting and waiting to head to the airport and back to our very different life in North Carolina! See you soon!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sorry i didn't post very many comments I had a lot of days in the field and missed many of your posts until today!
I hope you guys had a great time and I hope you have safe travels home.
I love you!